The Auxiliary National Strategic Plan – Updated
This year, NACO Mark Simoni, the National Board and senior staff have issued a major update to the Strategic Plan. This plan provides overall guidance and direction for the activities of the 30,000-plus Auxiliarists and the officers and staffs that lead them.
You may view the updated 2014-2020 Auxiliary Strategic Plan at:http://cgaux.org/leadership/documents/Strategic_Plan.pdf .
As epitomized by the Strategic Plan, the Auxiliary watchwords of Leadership, Initiative and Innovation represent our missions using a diverse array of specialized skills, trained crews, and capable facilities. The strategic initiatives provide guidance and a foundation for a coordinated approach for our programs.
Please review the updated Strategic Plan to see how we support Coast Guard missions.
National Commodore’s Mantra
In service to our country, Auxiliarists should always keep in mind to:
• Do the right thing and take care of our people
• Know we are a maritime organization and that we will excel in that arena
• Nurture our Auxiliary culture via servant leaders who understand that to aspire to leadership positions, either elected or appointed, is a noble goal, not merely a position to be filled
• Set high expectations for ourselves and our members
• Plan for success but not be afraid to fail
Nov. 1, 2014